Troop Policies

Advancement Request Policy

All Scouts wishing to advance in rank must submit an Advancement Review form to the Scoutmaster in order to be considered for a Scoutmaster Conference.

Camp Fund Policy

“A Scout is thrifty.  A Scout works to pay his way and to help others.  He saves for the future. … Paying your way with money you have earned gives you independence and pride.”
[Source:  Boy Scout Handbook, pg. 52]

A Camp Fund is an account that is set up on the troop’s books for an individual Scout.  It is similar to a savings account, but with some important exceptions.

Camp Fund credits are posted to each Scout’s account based on his participation in certain troop fundraisers.  Each credit is worth one dollar.  Scouts may save up credits and then use them, like money, to help pay for elective Scouting activities.  Elective activities are in addition to the core troop program and include summer camp, high adventure trips, whitewater canoeing, the annual troop trip, jamborees, etc.

Camp Fund credits belong to Troop 75 and may not be redeemed for cash; to purchase gear; or to pay the annual troop activity fee, dues, or any other expense associated with core troop activities. 

Camp Fund credits reward an individual Scout’s participation and may not be transferred to another Scout, even within the same family.  The Scout himself must authorize the use of his Camp Fund credits.

Camp Fund credits will be available to the Scout so long as he remains an actively participating member of this troop.  They allow him to participate more fully in Scouting, but may be forfeited if he leaves Troop 75 before taking full advantage of this opportunity.  Unused Camp Fund credits revert to the troop’s equipment fund a) after the Scout has been off the troop charter for a year, or b) if the Scout does not register as an adult leader with Troop 75 following his eighteenth birthday.

A Scout who has a positive balance in his Camp Fund on his eighteenth birthday may use his remaining credits so long as he registers as an adult leader with Troop 75 and remains active in that capacity.  Camp Fund credits may not be earned by anyone past their eighteenth birthday. 

If a Scout transfers to another unit of the Boy Scouts of America, Troop 75 will forward his remaining Camp Fund balance to the new unit provided that an officer of that unit makes a written request for the funds within a few months of the Scout leaving Troop 75.  The credits will be forwarded in the form of a check made payable to the new unit.  Use of the funds will then be governed by the policies of the unit to which the Scout transferred. No funds will be transferred out of the troop once the Scout has reached the age of 18 and is now considered an Adult leader.


Patrol Meetings & Activities


Adult supervision of patrol meetings
At least one parent of a patrol member (or one registered Troop 75 adult leader) must be present in the home or meeting site at all times throughout the patrol meeting to provide unobtrusive supervision. 

Parents are encouraged to welcome the patrol, communicate any house rules, immediately address any misbehavior that goes beyond what the Patrol Leader can handle, and bring any such misconduct to the Scoutmaster's attention.  However, adult supervisors are requested to minimize their presence and involvement at meetings, giving the Patrol Leader and members full opportunity to work out how to accomplish their objectives together.  Parental concerns about patrol leadership or functioning should be directed to the Scoutmaster, not the Patrol Leader. 

One-on-one contact between adults and youth members is not permitted.  If a Scout must be spoken with privately, the meeting must be conducted in view of others.


Reporting requirement for patrol meetings

In order for a patrol to be allowed to meet outside of the troop meetings, it must routinely report on its patrol meetings to the Scoutmaster.  The Patrol Leader, or preferably the Patrol Scribe, must prepare a written report of each patrol meeting, including meeting time and place, members in attendance, adult supervisor(s) present, and business conducted. (Download report form) Any patrol that does not meet this requirement will not be permitted to meet as a patrol outside of troop meetings until the Scoutmaster determines that such meetings may resume.


Approval requirement for other patrol activities

Patrol activities, other than meetings, must be approved in advance by the Scoutmaster and not interfere with any troop function.

Reimbursement Policy for Driving Expenses

To be reimbursed for a troop-related driving expense (gas, tolls, etc.), the driver must submit his or her receipt(s) to the Troop Committee no more than 30 days after the date of the expense.  After 30 days, any such expense will be considered a donation to the troop's operating fund.

Good Standing Policy

It is established as part of the Troop program  that for a Scout to be able to have Individual  Advancement or Participation in Troop activities take place, a Scout must be “in Good Standing” with the Troop. This is defined for each Scout  as :

-     -Not currently under restriction due to previous unacceptable behavior, as notified of by the Scoutmaster and / or Committee Chairman.

-     -Not currently delinquent beyond one month in any dues , fees or other monies owed the troop as determined by the Treasurer and Committee Chairman.

-     -Not currently in violation of troop policies as regards the use and return in good condition of any Troop equipment, as notified of by the Quartermaster and Scoutmaster.



About Troop 75 Main Page

Troop 75 Homepage